A conservatory is a room with glass walls and roof; generally used as a greenroom / sunroom. It can be an innovative extension to your home. Setting up of a conservatory or a solarium is a great way to spruce up your home and surroundings. However, you need to make sure that it is set up rightly- following correct procedures so that it turns out as a worthy home improvement measure.
Here are 15 tips for you to properly set about designing and installing your conservatory:
1. Figure out how best to set up the conservatory: Demarcate the area in your garden where you are planning to set up the conservatory. Make use of pegs and strings for the purpose. Fill this area with objects that you wish to place in your conservatory- a dining table, a sofa, some plants etc. Figure out how good it all looks and accordingly change the positioning and space to be allotted for the conservatory.
2. Browse the Internet and go over brochures: Browse the Internet and get hold of some brochures. This will help you choose a worthwhile conservatory design.
3. Hire an architect: Hire an architect especially if you wish to get your conservatory designed in a specific manner. This way you may even include interesting details like bargeboards and unusually shaped windows in your conservatory design.
4. Estimate your internal floor size and order conservatory accordingly: Most people are actually interested in the internal floor area while the conservatory companies quote for the external area. You need to keep this in mind and provide the estimates of your internal floor size while ordering.
5. Avoid putting doors in front of the conservatory: Never put doors in front of the conservatory as this will be creating a sort of corridor thus making it difficult for you to arrange the furniture.
6. Do not compromise on size: Your conservatory needs to be made of the right size. So, never compromise on the size of the setup.
7. Take cheap quotations with a pinch of salt: The supplier giving the cheapest quotation will hardly ever offer good product or service. You need to remember this and get about three quotations, get an idea of the prevailing prices and judiciously choose from among them.
8. Lead conservatory off much used rooms: You should lead your conservatory off the kitchen or living room or any other oft used rooms.
9. Keep in conservatory setup with shape and color of house: The conservatory need keep in with the shape of your home and not disturb and distort it. You also need to seek conservatories of the same color as that used for your home.
10. Seek to enhance the outlook of home with the setup: Choose a conservatory type that will enhance the outlook of your home.
11. Avoid burying insulated central heating pipes: While installing the conservatory lay your central heating pipes in a gap created in the concrete flooring and do not bury them.
12. Set conservatories as high as floors of home: Ensure that the conservatory floor height is the same as that of the floors of your house.
13. Approach a conservatory specialist: Do not buy from a DIY (Do It Yourself) store even if you are on a DIY conservatory setting up venture. You can get to learn much about glazing and roofing options etc. from the specialist.
14. Ascertain the credibility of the material suppliers: Verify the credibility of the suppliers of materials. After all you must entrust the task of supplying conservatory materials in safe hands.
15. Take loans from bank/building society: Make the conservatory purchase preferably by securing loans from a bank or building society. Of course if you are a cash payer then things will be different for you.
Remember, you need to take special care about your conservatory installation as this will probably turn out to be your largest and most expensive home improvement venture. So, follow the tips mentioned above scrupulously. You will stand to gain much by doing so, we reckon.