You may lose hair as a result of one or more of several reasons. Very often some internal malady may be the root cause. This needs to be ascertained and attended to.
The proper preventive treatments can stop hair loss even before it begins by detecting the symptoms. Diseases like lupus or diabetes are a cause for hair loss. The hair loss serves as an early indication of the disease. The hair loss gets treated alongside the treatment of the disease. Hair loss can also be the side effect of certain medication.
Here are some tips to prevent and reduce hair loss:
- Avoid over consumption of salt like the vegetables which have their own natural sodium and sugar; skip them entirely, if possible.
- Alcohol and tobacco, also are the causes of hair loss and dandruff.
- Try headstands–or any position lowering your head below your body–several times daily, i.e., 15 minutes each time.
- Massage your scalp by hand, or with an electric vibrator.
- Make a drink by blending bananas, honey, yogurt and low fat milk because it is rich in biotin and helps your hair to have strong roots.
- Get sufficient sleep that means healthy hair too needs a good night’s sleep like a healthy body.
- If you are dieting, you should be taking a multivitamin supplement. There are even supplements specifically designed for healthy hair such as Nature’s Bounty Vitamins for Hair.
- Medications that can cause hair loss include Vitamin A, certain antidepressants, testosterone products, beta blockers, certain cholesterol-lowering agents, and chemotherapy.
- The scalp must be kept cool and should be protected from sun and washing in cold or lukewarm water.
- Sound nutrition is important, so a hair-friendly diet should emphasize proteins, iron, zinc, sulfur, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-Complex and essential fatty acids.
- Wearing you hair up or pulling up your hair in to tight pony tails is bad. Even barrettes can have an effect on your hair health and growth.
- Natural shampoos which are used should be careful of the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate because it strip away too much oil from the hair, causing shampoo residue to be left behind. Ingredients that have proven useful in shampoos are cocamides, Panthenol Pro-B, of course the vitamins also like, aloe vera, sage, nettle, burdock, chamomile, chaparral, horsetail and rosemary. Shampoos that contain keratin, the protein substance that hair is made of, or amino acids will also help seal breakages in the cuticle.
- Pollution of environment, chemical effects of inorganic fertilizers and insecticides in the food and consumption of contaminated drinking water is indirectly responsible for the problem.
- Because of too much awareness with regard to beauty, hair and fashion sometimes people treat the hair in an unwanted and unhealthy manner which may also be blamed for hair loss.
- Anti oxidants which may be obtained from fresh vegetables or fruits or from medicines may be taken off but after consultation and under supervision of a medical professional.
Apply as many of these as you can and enjoy soft, lovely hairs.