Smoking, as we all know is injurious to health.Then why build this habit? But even if you have done so don't worry we are there to help you out. Just follow the given tips and be sure that you can easily quit smoking.
- Believe in yourself – Build up a strong determination to quit smoking. Believe that you can quit.
- Ask yourself Why? – Write down your reasons for wanting to quit and keep the list with you for extra motivation.
- Get Doctors support – Talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about which quit-smoking medicines are right for you. Support and guidance from a physician increases your chance to quit.
- Ask for friends and family support – Tell your family, friends, and coworkers about your plans to quit. Ask them to be completely supportive.
- Search for alternatives – Have alternatives to smoking available, such as peppermints, carrot sticks, or cinnamon sticks.
- Set a quit date – Decide, and set a date when you will smoke your last cigarette.
- Exercise – Exercise relieves stress. Exercise is simply incompatible with smoking. Do some breathing exercises.
- Cut back on cigarettes gradually – If not abruptly then gradually decrease the number of cigarettes you smoke till it comes to zero. But in this case don't forget to set a quit date.
- Find another smoker – Find a person who also wishes to quit and help each other with positive words.
- Stay busy – Keep yourself busy so that you don't even get an oppertunity to think of cigarettes.
- Avoid situation that compel you to smoke – It is generally seen that stress situation trigger an urge to smoke among smokers. So try not to create such situation.
- Support programs – Search for some support programs near you.
- Put yourself in situation where you can't smoke – For example if there is someone in whose presence you can't smoke then try to spend your leisure time with him or her.
- Self-help materials – Get self-help materials to guide yourself through the quitting process.
- Visualize your way -to becoming a non-smoker.
Where there is a will there is a way.So believe in yourself and try our suggestions to get rid of this bad habit as soon as possible. Credit: The above tips are based on the information collected from nationalwellness.org and quitsmoking.com